How to Take a Screenshot on a iPhone On any iPhone model, taking a screenshot is very easy. All you have to do is press the Power and Volume Up buttons together and then quickly release them. After doing so, you will find the thumbnail of the captured screenshot in the lower-left corner of the screen. Click on the thumbnail to open/edit it or you can simply swipe left to dismiss it.
Apple has made it extremely simple to capture screenshots on your iPhone, allowing you to capture whatever is displayed on your screen and quickly share it with friends via email, text, or popular social networks such as Facebook and Twitter.
Take a screenshot Using Face ID
If you have an iPhone X-style device (one with a notch at the top of the screen, such as the iPhone 11, iPhone 12, or iPhone 13), follow these steps.
At the same time, press the volume-up button on the left side of the phone and the sleep/wake button on the right side of the phone. You are not required to keep them in at all. It’s a brief press conference followed by a release.
If you time it correctly, you’ll see your screen flash followed by a small preview image. If you press the buttons for an extended period of time, your iPhone will prompt you to turn them off. If you continue to hold, you will activate the Emergency SOS feature, which will automatically call for assistance. That is not something you want to do! So, just a quick press, please.
As with iPhones with a home button, you can edit and share your screenshot by tapping on the preview image. You can also take screenshots while the preview image is in the corner of the screen. There are no additional screenshots of that in iOS.
Take a screenshot Using Home Button
If you have the new iPhone SE or any iPhone with a home button, press the home button and the sleep/wake button simultaneously.
Again, you do not need to press the buttons for an extended period of time. In fact, nothing will happen if you do so. It’s a short press. Your phone will make a camera shutter sound, and a thumbnail preview of the screenshot will gently glide to the bottom corner of your screen.
From there, you can either continue taking screenshots (the thumbnail will not appear) or tap on the image to edit and share it.
Take a screenshot Without a Button
1. Open your iPhone’s Settings – navigate to Iphonesettingsappicon.png. On your home screen, there’s a grey gear icon. If you don’t see it there, look in your app library’s Utilities folder.
This method teaches you how to use AssistiveTouch, an accessibility feature that allows you to take screenshots on iPhones with broken or difficult-to-reach buttons.
2. Select Accessibility- It’s in the third set of options.
3. Select the Touch option – It’s the first option under “Physical and Motor.”
4. Select AssistiveTouch – It’s the first choice.
5. Toggle the “AssistiveTouch” switch to the on position – This adds a small white dot to the screen’s right side.
Tapping this dot brings up a menu with a number of quick-access options. When you add the screenshot tool to this menu, you’ll be able to capture a screenshot with just one finger.
You can move the dot around the screen by tapping and dragging it.
6. Tap the Customize Top Level Menu button – It’s directly beneath the AssistiveTouch switch.
7. Tap the plus sign (+) next to “6 icons – ” It’s in the lower-right corner.
This transforms “6 icons” into “7 icons.”
8. Tap the plus sign (+) in the upper-right corner – The number of apps and features will grow.
9. Tap Done after selecting Screenshot This adds a Screenshot option to the screen’s menu.
You can now exit the menu by pressing the back button.
10. When you’re ready to take a screenshot, tap the grey dot on the screen – This brings up the AssistiveTouch menu, where you can now take a screenshot.
11. To take a screenshot, tap Screenshot – This option may require you to scroll down. Tapping it will temporarily remove the AssistiveTouch window from your screen and then take a screenshot of the contents of your iPhone’s screen.
12. To edit the screenshot, tap the small version (optional) – After capturing the screenshot, a small version of it will appear in the bottom-left corner for a few seconds. If you tap this preview, it will open in Markup for editing.
You can crop off what you don’t need by dragging the bars along any edge of the image.
Tap any of the drawing tools at the bottom to begin drawing, then tap the circle to select a color and begin drawing.
When you’re finished editing the screenshot, tap Done in the top-left corner.
13. Use the Photos app to view your screenshot – Tap the Photos app (the white icon with a multicolored flower), then Albums, and finally the Screenshots folder.
Ask Siri to Take an iPhone Screenshot
Request a screenshot of an iPhone screen from Siri.
You may not be aware that one of Siri’s lesser-known abilities is to take a screenshot for you. Simply say “Hey Siri” or press and hold the Side button to summon Siri (or the Home button if your iPhone has one). Say “Take a screenshot,” and Siri will acknowledge the request and take a screenshot as usual.
Take a screenshot on iPhone 14: Regular and scrolling screenshots
Because the iPhone 14 and 14 Pro have the same button layout as previous models, taking screenshots is the same. However, there is a new “Copy and Delete” option in iOS 16, and we’ll look at how to take a scrolling screenshot on iPhone 14.
To take a screenshot on the iPhone 14, use the side and volume-up buttons together. However, in iOS 16, there is a useful new Copy and Delete menu option to help keep screenshots from clogging up your photo library.
Regular screenshot on iPhone 14
- To take a screenshot, press the side and volume up buttons simultaneously (you can also press one immediately after the other)
- For 5 seconds, tap the screenshot thumbnail in the bottom left corner for more options; if you do nothing, the screenshot will be saved to the Photos app.
- You can use mark-up tools if you tap the screenshot thumbnail – tap the share button in the top right corner (square with an up arrow) for quick options.
- Tap Done in the upper left corner to access the new Copy and Delete feature.
Scrolling screenshot on iPhone 14
Taking a scrolling screenshot or long screenshot in Apple’s apps generates a PDF of everything on (or select from) a document, webpage, note, or email.
- Create a screenshot (press the side button and volume up button at the same time)
- Before it vanishes, tap the thumbnail in the bottom left corner.
- In the top right corner, select Full Page.
When there is more than one page of content on the screen, the Full Page option will appear.
- Before saving, you can preview all of the pages, use markup, and do other things.
- You can also use the crop icon (the square-ish icon next to “Done”) to select which part of the Full Page to save.
- Tap Done in the top-left corner to save, or the share button in the top right to access the new Copy and Delete options.
Take a screenshot Using Third-party apps
Using an app like Picsew or Tailor to take scrolling screenshots of content inside third-party apps or for more manual control (saving as PNG, etc.) is another option.
Both are free to try before purchasing the full versions via in-app purchase.
Thank you for reading our Article How to Take a Screenshot on a iPhone 2023!
Take a Screenshot From the Screen Recording Tool
Some apps may make it difficult to take screenshots in the traditional manner. This is where the built-in Screen Recording tool on your device comes in handy. While its primary function is to record video on your screen, you can use it to pause the video and take a screenshot.
Simply add the Screen Recording shortcut to Control Center under Settings > Control Center first. Then, on your device, open Control Center and tap the circular recording button to start a countdown and begin capturing the screen. After saving the video to your Photo library, you can view the capture and take screenshots of it.
Take a Screenshot With Back Tap
With what appears to be magic, you can take a screenshot. Back Tap, an accessibility feature introduced in iOS 14, allows you to perform a specific action by tapping the back of your iPhone. You can set this feature to take a screenshot for you if you have an iPhone 8 or higher. Select Double Tap or Triple Tap in Settings > Accessibility > Touch > Back Tap. Set the action to Screenshot, and then double- or triple-tap to capture the screen.
How to Take a Screenshot on Apple Watch
To take a screenshot of your Apple Watch screen, you must first enable the feature. On your iPhone, open the Watch app and go to My Watch > General > Enable Screenshots and toggle it on, or on your watch, go to Settings > General and tap Enable Screenshots.
Pull up the screen you want to capture to take a screenshot on an Apple Watch. Hold the Side button and click the Digital Crown at the same time. The screen will “flash” white and the camera shutter will go off, just like on an iPhone. The screenshot will then be saved to your iPhone’s camera roll, rather than the watch itself.
How to take a full-page screenshot on your iPhone
- In the Safari app, navigate to the desired webpage.
- Snap away by pressing the lock and volume up buttons at the same time.
- Then look for the preview of your screenshot in the lower lefthand corner of your phone screen.
- When you see the preview, click on it to be taken to a screen with image editing capabilities (here, you can crop the screenshot, mark it up, add your signature, and more).
- After you’ve finished making the changes you want, you’ll see two options above the image. The default screenshot option is “Screen,” but there is also a “Full Page” option to the right of that.
- Select “Full Page” to convert your regular screenshot into a full-page screenshot, then navigate the length of your screenshotted webpage using the slider on the right side of your screen.
How do you save a full-page screenshot?
The only tricky part about taking full-page screenshots is the process of saving them. Full-page screenshots, unlike normal screenshots, are not saved to Photos.
When you’ve finished editing a full-page screenshot to your liking, click “Done” in the upper lefthand corner of your screen. This will prompt you to either delete the screenshot or save it to Files as a PDF. If you choose to save the full-page screenshot, you’ll be given several options, including saving the screenshot to an iCloud Drive folder or saving it to your iPhone in a folder called Pages. (You’ll also be able to create a new folder to save your full-page screenshot.) Click the folder icon in the upper right-hand corner of your screen, near the “Save” option.)
Once you’ve decided where you want to save your file, simply hit the save button and you’re done.
Take bigger screenshots on an iPhone
You can take screenshots of what isn’t visible without scrolling. You can also use an older phone to make it work. However, you must act quickly, and it will only be available for screenshot sources with more than one page of content.
- As usual, take a screenshot.
- Tap the preview in the bottom-left corner of the screen to open it before it disappears.
- Select Full Page from the top-left corner of the screen. A preview of the pages will appear to the right of the screenshot.
- Tap Done.
- Select Save PDF to Files and enter a save location.
- Then Tap Save.
How to Take a Screenshot on a iPhone FAQs
If you still have questions about How to get a higher Snapchat score, here are the answers. We have solutions to some common Doubts.
1. Can every iPhone take a screenshot?
Yes, all iPhones are capable of taking screenshots. Follow the steps outlined above for your model.
2. Can I save screenshots from my iPhone?
Yes, screenshots taken on an iPhone can be saved. If there is enough space, screenshots will be automatically backed up to your iCloud storage. Backup screenshots and other photos to third-party apps such as Google Photos or Dropbox.
3. How do I take a screenshot on my iPhone when one of the buttons is broken?
If one of your iPhone’s buttons is broken, you can use the back tap accessibility function to take a screenshot.
4. How to View a Screenshot on an iPhone 8/8 Plus
A preview of your screenshot will appear in the bottom left corner of the screen. You can share or edit the screenshot by tapping on the preview. Simply swipe the screenshot preview of the screen to remove it from the display.
Also, Rede: Factory Reset a MacBook In 2023
We hope you have understood everything about How to Take a Screenshot on a iPhone, if you still have questions about How to Take a Screenshot on a iPhone, then definitely tell us in the comment box below.